Contributor
Contributor

What kind of BS support policy is this?

So I buy Fusion early.

I report a problem here and to their support line

No one at Fusion helps.

Fusion 1.0 gets released.

Problem still exists.

I'm told that I don't qualify for support because more than 30 days have passed since I bought Fusion.

So by taking advantage of the pre-sales opportunity you were pushing on people, I've gotten screwed out of any actual help for a basic problem 1 week after the program has officially been announced?

Is this some kind of joke, or are you trying to make sure that no one ever pre-buys your products again?!

The original issue, still unfixed, can be found here:

http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=90215

0 Kudos
13 Replies
VTMac
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's most likely a mistake. I've seen other users report the same issue. It sounds like some users that prepurchased mistakenly had their support period start date marked as beginning with then purchased in stead of when the product was released.

Someone from VMWare ought to be able to get that reset for you.

0 Kudos
Andreas_Masur
Expert
Expert

Someone from VMWare ought to be able to get that

reset for you.

That someone would actually be Pat Lee...

Ciao, Andreas

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am sorry there was an issue with your support contract being set incorrectly.

I will ask Harliv on the support team look into why the support incident got incorrectly reset and we will get back to you.

Best,

Pat Lee

Senior Product Manager - Mac Products

VMware

luomat
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. It might be helpful if you clue your phone support in to the fact that ANYONE who bought Fusion has (at least) 30 days from Aug 6th, rather than each of us having to go through this.

The original problem (linked earlier) still exists.

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I will check into this, please PM me your email address.

Also, can you check to make sure you registered the new serial number you received when you pre-ordered in the store? This entitlement is based on the serial number.

0 Kudos
luomat
Contributor
Contributor

I've still not heard anything more about this.

A fundamental problem that I reported on Jun 20, 2007 6:03 PM still isn't working on 8/31

0 Kudos
HobbitFootAussi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just checking but did you PM him your email address?

0 Kudos
KevinG
Immortal
Immortal

I know Harliv has been trying to contact you and has requested additional information from you.

Have you sent this information and provided him with your contact information (email address)

0 Kudos
Golf11
Contributor
Contributor

i've got the same issue.

0 Kudos
luomat
Contributor
Contributor

Well KevinG, you may "know" that he's been trying to contact me, but I know no such thing. There's no evidence of it.

Over a week later, I still have not heard from anyone, either in email or PM.

VMWare had a good opportunity to shine against Parallels, which has totally useless support forums as well.

Too bad it's a battle for last place.

I'm extremely disappointed in both products and both companies. There has been zero initiative shown on this problem which I have done EVERYTHING possible to help them with including taking a VIDEO of the problem in action.

What more could I do to ask for help? And what did I get?

Nothing.

If they can't fix this problem, I want my money back. Plain and simple. I've waited too damn long to put up with this nonsense any longer.

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Well KevinG, you may "know" that he's been trying to contact me, but I know no such thing. There's no evidence of it.

Look up a few posts.

Posted August 14, 2007 6:00 PM by Harliv

I will check into this, please PM me your email address.

Over a week later, I still have not heard from anyone, either in email or PM.

Did you actually do what he asked, and send him your email in a PM?

0 Kudos
pbosky
Contributor
Contributor

Hi luomat. Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Please see my response to your original post (http://www.vmware.com/community/thread.jspa?threadID=90215) where I have provided some suggestions to help remedy your problem. Please feel free to keep us posted on the results.

0 Kudos
luomat
Contributor
Contributor

@KevinG: By the way, it has been 6 weeks since you said that you "know" Harliv has been trying to contact me, and still NO ONE has contacted me.

Nor has the original issue(1), first posted on June 20th, been resolved. Nor has anyone contacted me about that either.

VMWare support gets a 0/100.

VMWare Fusion gets a 50/100, given that I have trouble even launching applications.

Guess it's time to try Parallels again.

(1) http://communities.vmware.com/thread/90215?tstart=0

0 Kudos