VMware Communities
LeonS189
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion has encountered an error and has shut down the virtual machine

Hello

I am using Apple M1 and installed latest version of Vmware Fusion. But when I try to open my virtual machine console on vsphere I receive error: VMware Fusion has encountered an error and has shut down the virtual machine 

I cant open console of any virtual machine. 

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This might be as you have an M1 processor, have you tried the same on an Intel processor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LeonS189
Contributor
Contributor

No I do not try to power any wirtual machine. At work we have datacenter with lots of clusters and virtual machines on esxi (vsphere) So I connect with browser to my virtual center and try to open console of any virtual machine which is hosted on esxi. I cant open console I need something like vmware player or vmware workstation to open remote console on windows there is vmrc console and any virtual machine can be opened with it. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There may be some code in Fusion when you try and do the same which only works on an Intel processor, hence my question.

Have you searched this area of VMTN to see if others have tried?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vmware-remote-console/id1230249825?mt=12

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
SavanAhir
Contributor
Contributor

Hey scott28tt Perviously it is working fine and now issue how?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Usually if something worked before and doesn't work now something changed.

Any idea of anything that has changed on your Mac?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos