VMware Communities
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Fusion 13 STABLE expected next week!

VMware Fusion 13 STABLE expected next week!

Source: Mikero in Twitter.

Wow! I just cannot wait!

7 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I too will be waiting. It’s been a long time coming (and they’d better have full VMware Tools for Windows 11 ARM). 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There only 2 days this week, today is wednesday and nothing to see from fusion 13!

Is this for intel processors or m1/m2? Thats the question!

For wich osx? 11 - 12 - 13? Osx 13.1 beta is out to developper!

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I seem to remember a wine advert starring Orson Welles a while back. The gist of the ad was "we will ship no wine before it's time". Software seems to take the same approach. I have heard them say they're addressing some last minute bugs, and if so I'd rather them take their time and get them fixed before release.

From what's been hinted and based on what's in the 22H2 Tech Preview, Fusion 13 should be for both Intel and Apple Silicon.

One of our contributors @SvenGus indicates that it will support Monterey (12) and Ventura (13). If that's true then Big Sur will be dropped.

My opinion is that unless Apple has broken something in the macOS 13.1 beta versions, Fusion 13 release should run on it. They did find that the Tech Preview ran on Ventura betas without the kinds of issues they had with Big Sur. Sounds like the hypervisor frameworks have been pretty stable for them.

If you do run a macOS 13.1 beta it and find that Fusion 13 is broken, you need to report it to both VMware and Apple as a regression.. I'm pretty sure that if VMware finds something broken with Fusion 13 and macOS 13.1 beta, they'll address it in an update to Fusion 13 if it's not an Apple bug. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Available right now.

0 Kudos
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

nothing to see and no download avalaible, only fusion 12, the same in the shop!

No upgrade/update online possible

17.11.2022 12:00

VirtualMac2009
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

See my post (Check out) above. VMware Fusion 13 has been RELEASED and there is a livestream on Friday, 18th November 2022. WOW!!!

0 Kudos