VMware Communities
applebaumy
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Fusion installation issue

Hi,

I was given a version of VMWare Fusion and I also have downloaded a version. The version I have is 2.05 build 173382. I have the light version and the regular one that I have downloaded. I have a brand new MacBook Pro 17" with MAC OS 10.6.1 and when I go and double click the install VMWare it asks me if I want to install from the internet and I say yes. Then it tells me that it needs to run a program that will let me know if it can run on this machine. I click ok and then it loads the app start screen and as soon as it does that I get an error message. the message is as follows

VMware Fusion can’t be installed on this computer. Please exit VMware Fusion before installing this version.

Now, I have never installed VMware on this machine. I have gone into the force quit and it does not show any VMware running. I have checked the app monitor with all processes showing and it doesn't show any VMware running. I have made sure I am running in 32 bit and I have also tried this in safe mode. I always get the same message.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter.

Joe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
slehman805
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried the 2.0.6 b1 Installer? this is the latest update for Mac 10.6.

0 Kudos
applebaumy
Contributor
Contributor

I found out that I forgot I posted this question. As it turns out, I had a bad install of the OSX installed. Once I reinstalled the OS, all my problems went away. Thank you for trying.

0 Kudos