VMware Communities
PhaedraB
Contributor
Contributor

Unrecoverable error (vcpu-0)

Haven't booted VMware in ages, but to day I did and got the message:

VMware Fusion unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)

NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora/devices/mainmem/mainMemHosted.c:1967

A log file... etc. etc.

I am running Fusion 1.1.1 with Boot Camp on OSX 10.6.8. When it was first installed it was running 10.5.

I didn't do the install and it took me half an hour to figure out how to get the log file, so you'd probably consider me clueless.  However, If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Be kind.

Log file attached.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhaedraB
Contributor
Contributor

Addendum.

Now I see that since I started messing w/Fusion, the Windoze HD icon has disappeared from my desk top and devices list. This can't be good. I haven't a clue how to find it.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi PhaedraB

Your Fusion version is very very old, your OS X version isn't newest either.

None of that is surprising for you I suppose, this does however put you a bit of in a pickle.

The first Fusion version that officially supports Snow Leopard is Fusion 3, which you cannot buy anymore (current version of Fusion is 6 which starts support at OS X 10.7 see VMware KB: System requirements for VMware Fusion )

It might be possible to get a downgrade license, but you would need to contact VMware Sales for that.

You could however download Fusion 2.x as it is a free upgrade from Fusion version 1.

Not sure if that will help for your problem either.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
PhaedraB
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I know they are both old systems. I have a newer OS on my laptop (the problem is on a desktop) but I really don't want to fuss with it there, since all the Window files that I'd like to access are on the desktop. My late husband did the original install, so, yes, I'm being a wuss about it.

(Small suggestion: I rarely remember which animal name is connected with which OSX number, and if I pull down the About thing, it only gives me the number. For the sake of people like me, it would be nice if both were included That would be so helpful.)

I will try to see if 2.x helps. At least the Windows HD icon reappeared after a reboot.

0 Kudos