VMware Communities
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Ubuntu strikes again - no arm64 daily builds of 23.04 Lunar Lobster

Just when I thought that Ubuntu was getting its act together, I've discovered that they no longer post daily builds of their next version 23.04 Lunar Lobster in the "usual" spot: https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current

To add insult to injury. the page that the above link goes to has a dead link for the arm64 ISO. 🤡

So those of you trying to use the information in the Companion guide to find Ubuntu releases for arm64 to use on Apple Silicon will find that they've moved the cheese once again. 😠

I have a question into one of their forums to see what's up. Ubuntu must love forums so much because they have so many of them. If you think it's tough with VMware forums, try to guess the right forum to post an Ubuntu question like this - I've already been chastised once for posting an "off-topic" post in the wrong forum.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Maybe it's a glitch? 

Glad I snagged one when I did though.  I think at this point I'm just going to keep a 'template' VM built, and updated directly instead of from iso.

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

If it's a glitch, it's been going on for a few weeks now.

I snagged one too. Anyone that wants to download it today is thoroughly hosed. But hey, that's Ubuntu for you.

My dislike-o-meter for Ubuntu just went to 11 on a scale of 1-10.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos