VMware Communities
kimber456
Contributor
Contributor

Software not opening !

I am having trouble running this rms software Retail Management Software Systems | Multiflex RMSMultiFlex RMS . I have been trying to make it work for the last 3 days. The software doesn't open after it is installed on Fusion 8.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried reaching out to the application vendor? I can't imagine the community here could be much help. We don't get in the way of any application running in the Guest, but some applications are specifically coded to detect and prevent running in a virtual machine (it's a bad idea, but some companies do it anyway for reasons that are beyond my comprehension).

Either way, they should at least be able to point you towards a log file that might give some clue to why your app isn't starting.

If the errors say something that points the finger at Fusion then we can most certainly take a look, but otherwise there should be no reason that any application doesn't run in a virtual machine.

(I am of course assuming that you have correctly installed Windows as a virtual machine and have no problems getting other windows apps to work)

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
kimber456
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks you for the reply. I will get in touch with the software provider and see what they have to say.

0 Kudos