VMware Communities
charlese2011101
Contributor
Contributor

Red windows in Fusion 3.13 with Lion

I am finding that a number of applications which previously worked with Snow Leopard are displaying their windows which are normally a blue grey colour in bright red. This makes the application very difficult to use as it is hard to make out the text on some controls. This may be related to Aero abnormalities reported by other users. Colour depth is set to 32 bit and the only workarounds I can see are to set one of the high contrast themes to avoid using the offending colours although this is not a long term solution. Other applications like Word appear to work perfectly normally. If anyone else has encountered this issue or even better found a solution please let me know.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IsaEng
Contributor
Contributor

I found a work around by replacing the VMware Display driver with the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter in the Device Manager. However my screen does not render as crisptly nor does it auto adjust to screen size changes well.

This is not an acceptable perminant solution but will eliminate the red windows. I'm assuming a driver update from VMWare will be rewuired to resolve this

0 Kudos
fala70
Contributor
Contributor

Help fix that proble. I think that red window  come out only for WPF applications. Is something on DirectX,.

0 Kudos
fala70
Contributor
Contributor

Workaround...disable grafic 3d accelleration.

0 Kudos
bendruitt
Contributor
Contributor

Changing color depth on guest to 16-bit also fixes it.

0 Kudos