VMware Communities
francwalter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Pretend VM from pausing at hosts sleep

Hello

I use a Windows XP vm in my MacBook Pro (from 2009) with OS Yosemite, I have VMware Fusion Professional Version 7.1.0

Each time I close the display (let the MacBook sleep) the vm is going to pause, I need to restart it and log in each time, which is a bit annoying.

Is there a way to just keep the vm running, even when the host goes sleeping?

Can I set this somewhere?

Previously I had Mac OS 10.6.8 and Fusion 3 but had not this problem, I open the Mac and on it goes in the vm, no need to re login.

Thank

frank

EDIT 2014-12-28: I asked this question now in another, german forum:

http://vmware-forum.de/viewtopic.php?p=165780#165780

strange that hier nobody answers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
francwalter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I found MY error.

In Windows XP I had Power settings to go to standby after 5 minutes if on battery.

I wondered why sometimes it happened, sometimes not, then I remember it could be the powercfg.cpl settings. Oh no.

After so long time here without any answer it was pretty clear, that it was self made, this thing, not a vmware issue.

Sorry.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
francwalter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I found MY error.

In Windows XP I had Power settings to go to standby after 5 minutes if on battery.

I wondered why sometimes it happened, sometimes not, then I remember it could be the powercfg.cpl settings. Oh no.

After so long time here without any answer it was pretty clear, that it was self made, this thing, not a vmware issue.

Sorry.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello Frank,

Good to hear that you found the solution and thanks for sharing the answer.

francwalter wrote:

EDIT 2014-12-28: I asked this question now in another, german forum:

http://vmware-forum.de/viewtopic.php?p=165780#165780

strange that hier nobody answers.

This is a user forum, it is holiday time in various part of the world and as a result there are not that many regulars who are attending the forum as during normal working days.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos