VMware Communities
jateet
Contributor
Contributor

No sound in Windows XP3

I have iMac 3.06 4G ram

Installed XP2 and then updated to XP3 I have fusion 2.0 and everything was working fine. I wanted to share a folder and I followed the Network Wizard in Windows. Restarted and then sound has gone!!! Tried to check the sound device and it was there for a moment before it disappeared. I tried removing and then reinstalling the Creative sound card from the device manage with no joy Smiley Sad I have an ISO image file of the windows. I tried to boot from that image file to repair windows but when it comes to repair it says there is a problem and the installation can't see a hard disk drive. I went to install a fresh install of windows. Still no sound although this time the Creative sound card is there.

I have checked in my iMac library/plugins/HAL there is only the isight microphone plugin. I dragged it to the desktop but still no sound please please please help me I need to fix this asap. I've waisted over 6 hours of my time ;which I could have used for my studies, looking for a solution for this. I have a lot of work and time is of importance to me, So I do not wanna waste more time without getting a good result. So please guide me to a olution for this !!!!!

0 Kudos
0 Replies