VMware Communities
Elegant_Coder
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse Disappears In the VM Window

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I looked for a thread on this and couldn't find one.

I have a WinSvr2003 VM that was working fine, and then I lost my mouse functionality. As soon as I mouse over the VM window, no mouse. Also, it doesn't exist, so it isn't just not painting the cursor. It isn't in there at all.

I have another VM on the same OS that is working fine, so it seems to be VM specific.

Help?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
petekazanjy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Was this a net-new vritual machine, or was it imported from another virtual machine runtime (e.g., Virtual PC or Parallels)?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

What version of Fusion are you using? What version of Tools? Can you think of anything that's changed about this virtual machine recently? When you say it "doesn't exist", what do you mean - does clicking/right clicking produce not effect?

0 Kudos
Elegant_Coder
Contributor
Contributor

1. This is version 1.1.1 of Fusion

2. This is an image imported from a Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 image

3. I can think of no changes between bootup 1 and bootup 2 of the VM. It worked in session 1, not in session 2.

4. When I say that there is no mouse cursor in the VM window, I mean just that. No image of a cursor, nor does clicking around in the window without the image produce a click action in the VM window.

5. I can login and do all functions via keyboard.

Thank you for paying attention and trying to help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not sure if this is related, and it wouldn't explain why it worked the first time, but did you have VPC Additions installed prior to conversion? If nothing else, they've been reported to cause problems if you try to use Unity mode, so good practice is to uninstall them before importing.

0 Kudos
Elegant_Coder
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, Virtual PC tools were installed on the original VM.

0 Kudos
petekazanjy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try removing the VPC tools from the VM, and then re-importing it. That may help clear things up.

0 Kudos
mdorison
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. New images work fine but the one that I imported from MS Virtual PC is having this issue. I am going to try uninstalling VM Additions, re-converting etc tonight and see if I can get it to work.

0 Kudos