VMware Communities
KrnHr
Contributor
Contributor

Mountain Lion Guest won't boot in Bootcamp Windows 8

Own Mac Mini, trying Fusion on it.

Created a Mountain Lion VM guest in Fusion on the OSX host side of things, and it works under OSX.

Copied VM over to another location and opened in Player which is installed in BOOTCAMP Windows 8 OS.

It does not mount the OSX guest under Windows, even though it is obviously running on Mac hardware underneath.

Any suggestions or perhaps a light on what the problem might be ?

Please do not tell me that I can not run a Mac guest on a Mac machine under Windows ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KrnHr
Contributor
Contributor

When I say it does not mount, I mean I start the VM and then it displays the gray loading screen with Apple logo in the center.

And then it forever loads but never boots up.

0 Kudos
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Workstation (and Player) don't know how to handle running Mac OS guests, even if the host hardware is genuine Apple-branded. We've had a few enquiries in the forums here in the past about whether we could support such a configuration, but as of now you're out of luck.

(Unfortunately it's much more complicated than merely checking that the host is a Mac and allowing things to proceed... there is additional hardware we need to emulate in order for a Mac OS guest to get to the login screen.)

--

Darius

0 Kudos