VMware Communities
jdbvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Internal Error on new 2018 MacBook Pro and 10.1.3

When I take a VM from a working High Sierra installation (on a 2013 Mac Pro) and copy it to my new 2018 13" MacBook Pro with today's Mojave, I get an Internal Error when I try to start the VM. Not a very descriptive error. Any idea how to fix this? Do I need a new version? Nothing shows up with the Check for update... menu item. I kind of need this working or I have to downgrade back to 10.13.x on the MacBook Pro. Not ideal.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Only Fusion 11 will support 10.14, when available. So you'll have to wait and buy the upgrade or downgrade macOS.

0 Kudos
jdbvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Any idea when VMWare 11 is coming? I’d rather not have to go backwards. I have a bit of time before this gets critical.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
jdbvmware
Contributor
Contributor

Well, just upgraded to Fusion 11 and same error. The oh so helpful "Internal Error".

Any help on troubleshooting tips?

This is on a new 2018 13" i7 MacBook Pro. It looks like from reading other tips here that there is a problem with the Security pane not letting 3rd party kexts load. I tried the various suggestions of moving the application from the Application folder to another directory and back again. I get the reinstall dialog but the Security warning doesn't appear again.

0 Kudos