VMware Communities
robindb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installed vm from bootcamp, can i delete bootcamp ?

hi

i installed vm of windows 7 from bootcamp.

I have limited disk space so can I now delete bootcamp partition and just run the vm from within vmware ?

or do i have to re-install it all again as new ?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avanish321
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No do not delete the boot camp partition unless you have imported it using the Fusion. For details on importing a boot camp partition, please refer this article for details :

Importing Boot Camp

Once the boot camp is imported you can delete the boot camp partition and use it on mac.

If you do not have free space on mac partition you must use external storage device to import . Once imported directly to your external storage device, you may delete the boot camp and transfer the imported VM onto Mac.

Cheers! Avanish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
avanish321
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

No do not delete the boot camp partition unless you have imported it using the Fusion. For details on importing a boot camp partition, please refer this article for details :

Importing Boot Camp

Once the boot camp is imported you can delete the boot camp partition and use it on mac.

If you do not have free space on mac partition you must use external storage device to import . Once imported directly to your external storage device, you may delete the boot camp and transfer the imported VM onto Mac.

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
robindb
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, that worked a treat.

Cheers

0 Kudos