VMware Communities
ereward
Contributor
Contributor

How to Add more host only networks to VMware Fusion 4

Has anybody done this yet?.

I know this was possible on earlier versions and as a VMware Workstation and Scpere user also I want and need more private networks. I like using MAC's both on the move and at home and Fusion is great but the restriction of not being able to add Virtual Networks and control DHCP ets is a pain.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
tracywang
Expert
Expert

On the VM settings, click Add Device... on the right top. Then add a Network adapter.

0 Kudos
ereward
Contributor
Contributor

Not in the virtual machine but to VMware fusion itself, in VMware Workstation you can have up to 8 Virtual networks the basic ones are VMNET0 - Bridged VMNET1 - Host Only VMNET8 - NAT you can then add VMNET2 etc to be what you want or need...

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

VMware has yet to provide a Virtual Network Editor GUI in VMware Fusion, like in VMware Workstation or the free VMware Player, and doesn't really care what VMware Fusion Users want as evident by the failure to incorporate this functionality in 4 major releases of the product despite repeated requests for this feature!

If you want to add additional VMnets or modify existing ones then you'll have to do it manually and this has been covered enough times that you should be able to find the information searching the forum or Google.  The primary difference is the location of the files have changed in VMware Fusion 4 and are now located at "/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/".

ereward
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Very much that worked brilliantly as you say it's a shame that VMWARE don't treat MAC users with the same respect as PC users....Especially as most MACs can ru more VM's than the equiveent PC....

0 Kudos