VMware Communities
glashoppah
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I fix the "... /dev/vmnet0 is not running" _permanently_?

Ran Fusion happily for quite some time, everything great, no problems.  Upgraded Mac to Snow Leopard and now every time the machine is rebooted Fusion cannot access the LAN bridge, giving the message:

"The network bridge device on /dev/vmnet0 is not running".

I've successfully mitigated this with the tried-and-true and commonly suggested:

sudo /Library/Application Support/VMWare Fusion/boot.sh –restart

command.  However, at the next reboot I must execute this again.

So my question is this:  how do I fix this problem so this command does not have to be run at every restart?  What did my Snow Leopard upgrade break?

Thanks,

J.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

how do I fix this problem so this command does not have to be run at every restart?  What did my Snow Leopard upgrade break?

The update probably got rid of the startup item which calls boot.sh. Reinstalling Fusion (this won't touch your virtual machines) should fix things up. In general I would suggest reinstalling Fusion on a major OS version change, as I wouldn't count on everything last thing being preserved correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

how do I fix this problem so this command does not have to be run at every restart?  What did my Snow Leopard upgrade break?

The update probably got rid of the startup item which calls boot.sh. Reinstalling Fusion (this won't touch your virtual machines) should fix things up. In general I would suggest reinstalling Fusion on a major OS version change, as I wouldn't count on everything last thing being preserved correctly.

0 Kudos
glashoppah
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ahh - OK.  Thanks, I'll give that a shot right now.

J.

0 Kudos