VMware Communities
studioparable
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 8: You do not have write access to a partition Still Unresolved

2015 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.11, Fusion 8 Pro.

Whenever I try to add BootCamp in Fusion 8 I get the following errors.

You do not have write access to a partition. Clicking Deny All allows it to boot but bring with it additional issues and slow performance.

52910_52910.pngScreen Shot 2015-08-26 at 9.37.45 AM.png

I click Deny All, and then get the following warning:

Screen Shot 2015-10-19 at 8.12.50 AM.png

I can click Yes and it boots, but takes at least 30min to boot.

This is a real issue. Many have mentioned disabling SIP as a resolution...that would be great in a Development environment but is NOT appropriate for a production environment. VMWare has released this as general release so it should work. This needs to get resolved ASAP!! What is the status VMWARE??????????

52925_52925.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there,

This is a known issue that Apple surprised us with.  SIP now prevents writing to the EFI partition table which we rely on to run the bootcamp VM.

We are releasing a fix within a week which will resolve this.

Sorry about the trouble, this change was very fundamental to how we run Bootcamp VMs, but we were able to figure it out and you'll see that in the next point release before the end of October.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
schwartzm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I see that 8.0.2 was released and it is now November however this release does not appear to fix this issue. Any further ETA on this program-breaking issue?

0 Kudos
VirtualXDriver
Contributor
Contributor

After installing the 8.0.2 update, delete your BootCamp Virtual Machine from the Virtual Machine Library and recreate it. That fixed the issue for me.

0 Kudos