VMware Communities
sharjohn
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 3.12 and windows 7 x64 how to restore an image of windows partition

I have a 27" iMac running osx 10.6.  I am also running windows 7 x64 on the machine using bootcamp. I am also using VMWare Fusion 3.12 to run in a virtual environment.  I purchased some software I had been using for years with Windows XP to take an image of my Windows partition and used that image to restore my system after a crash.  When I installed that software in Windows 7 and did an image backup, it went find.  When I went to restore that image, I was unable to do so.  I called the company (Acronis) and they advised me that I would not be able to restore that image on a windows partition using bootcamp because their program is looking for Windows drivers and only sees Mac drivers.  Such is life.  My problem is that I really like being able to back up the Windows partition.  It seems to me that I read something about backing up a windows partition while using WMWare Fusion.  This makes no sense to me, especially since I am so new to this environment.  Is there a way (or software that I can purchase) that I can do this with VMWare?

0 Kudos
0 Replies