VMware Communities
berdinkerdickle
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 2.0 and Filevault?

I did a search, but the threads were for older versions of Fusion.

I'm getting really slow access to Macside folders when I go more than 3 directories deep.

Sometimes it just sits there frozen.

Is anyone running FileVault with Fusion 2.0 and all is working just fine for you.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

How are you accessing the Mac folders (network share, HGFS share, etc.)?

What guest OS is this?

0 Kudos
berdinkerdickle
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using XP with Leopard.

Right after install of Fusion 2.0 I open shared folder settings, put a check in the box next to "Share folders on your Mac"

then I put a check in the box next to "Desktop" under the "Mirrored Folders" heading.

XP then did a quick log-out and back in.

Then in XP I click on "My Computer" then "Shared Folders on '.host' (Z:)" then "My Desktop"all goes pretty quick to here, and then as I click deeper into sub-folders it really starts to slow down, even hangs sometimes.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

We've heard reports of SMB/CIFS lanmanager getting in the way of shared folders, and a resulting delay while it times out. You can test if this is affecting you by completely disabling networking in the guest (HGFS shares don't use the network) and seeing how shared folders perform.

0 Kudos
Rob2008
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro. I'm running Fusion 2 RC1.

I have a guest OS of XP, SP2.

My home dir. on OS X, is encrypted using filevault. When I try to access shared folders via the XP VM, explorer hangs, for perhaps 10 to 15 seconds. Then a dotted line is drawn arounf the fold, icon and it becomes accessible.

Its pretty slow, and boarding on not being useable. As per your suggestion I have turned off networking on XP, rght clicked the icon and selected disable. Now I can browse the shared folders at full speed.

I have the same issue regardless of sharded folders, or mirrored folders.

Hope yo can help

Rob

0 Kudos
berdinkerdickle
Contributor
Contributor

2.0.1 Seems to have fixed my issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos