VMware Communities
Alex144
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 13. Can't get a free key for Non-Commercial use

Hi guys! Here's weird thing: after installation is done I got the window asking me to fill in license Key, I'm pushing the button to get a free one, Safari opens a page were I am already logged on, and it states : You have not registered for this product. Underneath my name and on the bottom of page there is two buttons "Register Here", both of them leads to blank page with header, no option to get license, nothing at all. I deleted all cookies, tried using VPN, used Firefox, nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Tried this? https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal-13

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
jaknudsen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, bu this link leads me to a page where I have to accept an EULA and register my company details. Why do I have to register details about my company for a personal license?

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Put in a fake company if it's for personal use, and select "Other" for anything else that it wants to know.

VMware won't care. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
Alex144
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! This one is leading to where it should! It still baffles me how is link from official app is wrong...

0 Kudos
Alex144
Contributor
Contributor

Already did, well I guess in those questions I got nothing to really hide) I used to use Fusion Free license on my PC, never had this weird registration process. Hope it will work fine on Mac. 

0 Kudos
jaknudsen
Contributor
Contributor

@Technogeezer wrote:

Put in a fake company if it's for personal use, and select "Other" for anything else that it wants to know.

Of course, but it baffles me that the registration doesn't account for the difference between personal and commercial licenses.

0 Kudos