VMware Communities
AlexNiko2016
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion 12 -copy-paste not work in Kali 2022 and Ubuntu 20,22

Hello!  try everything -  reinstall tools, reinstall Kali, try diff desktops (Gnome, KDE, Xface) - nothing helps me. Any suggestion ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

I just ran a quick test on a Ubuntu 22.04 VM running on Fusion 13 and ran it with both hardware version 19 (compatible with Fusion 12) and 20 (compatible with Fusion 13). A quick test of copy/paste of text and a copy/paste of a document are both working between host and VM. My quick test was running with X11, I will double check it with Wayland.

I have both open-vm-tools and open-vm-tools-desltop packages installed from the Ubuntu repos. I did NOT install VMware Tools from the Fusion-provided ISO file of VMware Tools - that should not be necessary or recommended. 

Copy paste of documents is known to have issues if you are trying to copy from host to VM desktop. Instead, try copy/paste to a window in the  Files app on Ubuntu.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
AlexNiko2016
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade to Ventura, upgrade to Fusion 13, upgrade VM to last version - no chance (

0 Kudos
AlexNiko2016
Contributor
Contributor

Last testing shows that is not only Kali problems. The same in Kubuntu 22, but latest Parrot works well - its looks like a magic

0 Kudos