VMware Communities
polaris160
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does Fusion 2.0 have a built-in converter to upload to an ESX/i server like Workstation 6.5 does?

I can't find this in the documentation, but I'm hopig there's a component of Fusion similar to the standalone converter and WS6.5 that allows conversion of a Fusion VM and upload to an ESX server. I currently do this on Linux, and it works pretty well.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, Fusion does not currently have the option to create an ESX-compatible virtual machine. You could run the standalone Converter in the virtual machine or go through Workstation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, Fusion does not currently have the option to create an ESX-compatible virtual machine. You could run the standalone Converter in the virtual machine or go through Workstation.

0 Kudos
polaris160
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Disappointing. Hopefully VMWare starts to further their development with OSX, including this and the VI3 client. I hate to have to fall back to XP for that kind of thing. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
bmahaffey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

2nd that.

0 Kudos
SirNothus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

bump Third this. I'm starting to use ESX around work, and would really like an easy way to publish VM's to the ESX server.

Currently using Parallels, and without the publish feature, there's just no compelling reason to switch to Fusion.

Also, Infrastructure client.

0 Kudos