VMware Communities
JoshFink
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't Drag and Drop between OSX and OSX VM

Fusion 5.03

OSX 10.8.4 fully patch on both the VM and the Host.

I'm simply trying to drag a 397KB file from the desktop of the host to the desktop of the VM

I drag it over and it snaps back to the host desktop.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the VMWare Tools on the VM.

I've also uninstalelled and then rebooted and then installed and rebooted with no luck.

I've also rebooted the Host machine as well.

This was originally a Lion install where the tools were installed and then upgraded to Mountain Lion and then patched.

I'm assuming it's probably something simple I'm missing.

Thanks for the help

Josh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When in doubt, read the documentation! Smiley Wink  Have a look at: Creating an OS X Server Virtual Machine in VMware Fusion

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When in doubt, read the documentation! Smiley Wink  Have a look at: Creating an OS X Server Virtual Machine in VMware Fusion

0 Kudos
JoshFink
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well there you go. I've never used VMWare before on OSX. I've always been a windows guy. Kind of disappointing to lose functionality.

Thanks for the help

Josh

0 Kudos
tracywang
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for using fusion, you can transfer your files between Mac host and Mac VM by Shared Folder in VM settings.

0 Kudos
hlpdt10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

try to reinstall vmware Tools and reboot the virtuamachine Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

hlpdt10 wrote: try to reinstall vmware Tools and reboot the virtuamachine Smiley Happy

I see you too have not read the documentation!  Reinstalling VMware Tools and or rebooting the Virtual Machine will have no affect whatsoever on JoshFi's not being able to drag and drop with an OS X Guest since it is not supported in an OS X Guest! Smiley Wink

hlpdt10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry I didn't read carefully!! So there is only way is using the share folder Smiley Happy

0 Kudos