VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

vrops and vidm

We have deployed new 6.6.1 vrops and the latest version of vRLI as part of our 6.0 windows to 6.5 vcsa migration and we were looking into deploying vidm so that we get SSO between vrops and vrli but when i look at adding users i dont see the vidm listed when adding a user in the access control after i configure vidm in authentication sources in vrops

How do you grant access to vrops for vidm users? Am i being stupid?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

so i was messing around and noticed that i have to log in first with a user using vidm into vrops before the user shows up in vrops.

It seems to add the user to a vidm group with read only access to all objects.

Is this the only way to add users so every time a user logs in that needs different permissions other than read only i have to create a local group with the correct permissions and add them to it?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

so i was messing around and noticed that i have to log in first with a user using vidm into vrops before the user shows up in vrops.

It seems to add the user to a vidm group with read only access to all objects.

Is this the only way to add users so every time a user logs in that needs different permissions other than read only i have to create a local group with the correct permissions and add them to it?

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This is the best method I've found as well.  After the first login using vIDM I assign the account to a local group with more permissions.  With any luck this will be fixed in the next release.

0 Kudos