VMware Cloud Community
avnish201110141
Contributor
Contributor

vrops all object list in csv

Hi,

is there any way to get the list of all objects (Hosts , VMs , vSAN Disk grops , NSX objects etc) that vrops is monitoring in a csv format ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I don't know of an easy, out of the box way to do this, but here are a couple of potential options.

1. Go to the Inventory Explorer, change the page size to 1000, select all rows and right click copy + paste.  There may be a lot of pages so this definitely isn't ideal for a large environment.

2. Create a custom view, add all the object types you're interested in, create a report from the view and run it at the highest level possible.  This won't necessarily include all objects though.

3. Use the REST API to get all the resources (objects). https://{vrops}/suite-api/api/resources It defaults to a 1000 page size, but it looks like that can be increased.  The output will be in XML or JSON and have to be converted to CSV.

avnish201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks  , Yes I tried first 2 options but wasn't happy with lots of manual work required.

0 Kudos
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm attaching a sample powershell script to get all the resources and export them to csv.  You'll need to change the vROps URL and credentials.  It doesn't get very many properties, just the resource type, adapter, and ID.  Many of the properties will be different based on the type of resource.

0 Kudos