VMware Cloud Community
HenryLam
Contributor
Contributor

vrealize operations manager to monitor network services

Hi,

I am not sure is it the right place to ask about this product.

i am new to vrealize operations manager, heard that it can monitor network services like HTTP and FTP or some network port.

is it a build in function or add on package to download or i have to customize?

Thank you

Henry Lam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Henry,

vROPs is an vCenter centric analytical tool that helps with monitoring objects within VMware. Depending on the version of vROps you have installed in your environment, there are ways to monitor HTTP and FTP services.

If you have version 6.0.x - You have to install an adapter known as the Hyperic Adapter and then in-turn install an hyperic agent (must be downloaded from myvmware) on your VMs. This will give you access to monitoring services and processes such as HTTP, FTP etc

If you have version 6.1.x and above - The solution adapter is already installed by default known as End Point (unofficially called Ep-Ops). As above, you will need to install the Ep-Ops agent (must be downloaded from myvmware) on the VMs that you want to monitor these processes on.

Once you have the agent installed on your VMs, navigate to Environment > All Objects > Expand EP Ops Adapter > Depending on the object that you have installed an agent on > Expand the respective object below

pastedImage_1.png

If you have got to installing the agent successfully, we can proceed to how you will actively monitor HTTP or FTP, TCP check on the VMs.

Thanks.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos