VMware Cloud Community
verto
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vm disk report

i want to see virtual machines disk size . for example c disk , d disk and e disk but i cant create a report on vrealize . just find totaly disk how i to create c disk , d disk e disk ........@

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Create a view and add in the guest file system. There is no wild card to say show me all drive letters that i am aware of so you will have to add them in. The default will display the c: and d: only. to get the extra drive letters you will need to get the name of the server and then select the square box next to metric and then select the vm that has the most extra disks. This will then show you the rest of the drives. In my example below i have added the f: by selecting the server that has 3 hdd. If i have a server that has an e: i would need to select the box beside metric and the select the VM that has an e: before the e: will show up as a metric. Repeat for all the drive letters you want in the view. Once this is done then add it to a report

file system.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It is not disk space you are after it is guest file system

guest file.png

If you cant see them make sure they are enabled in your policy

0 Kudos
Randhir885
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for this info, but where creating a customised report. I am still not able to get all filesystem or drives report in list format or any format.

Kindly, help how to get this information for all vm's what are the utilised data for all the filesystem and drives.

thanks in anticipation

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Create a view and add in the guest file system. There is no wild card to say show me all drive letters that i am aware of so you will have to add them in. The default will display the c: and d: only. to get the extra drive letters you will need to get the name of the server and then select the square box next to metric and then select the vm that has the most extra disks. This will then show you the rest of the drives. In my example below i have added the f: by selecting the server that has 3 hdd. If i have a server that has an e: i would need to select the box beside metric and the select the VM that has an e: before the e: will show up as a metric. Repeat for all the drive letters you want in the view. Once this is done then add it to a report

file system.png

0 Kudos