VMware Cloud Community
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vc 5.5 and vCOPs 5.72 integration missing

I moved to 5.72 Foundation with vcenter 5.5 (vc appliance) both as clean installs. I'm not seeing the integration in VC that I had with vc 5.1 with prior version of vCOPs. Previously I was able to go to the MONITOR tab of an object and get a HEALTH tab showing vCOPs data. Now all I have is a vCOPs icon in the Home view. I select this and have to authenticate to vCOPs.

In vCOPs Administration my status is shown as connected and registered with vcenter with valid domain\account. Foundation does not require a license key to my knowledge. Oh and I'm using the 5.5 vc web client. I've never seen good integration with the fat client.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I'm running vCOps 5.7.2 with vC 5.5 without any problems, mind you I'm using the traditional 5.5 install and not the appliance.

Take a look at your privileges.. log in to vCenter Web Client using a domain account that you're certain has the vCOps privileges of:

Global : vCenter Operations Manager User

Global : vCenter Operations Manager Admin

I'm thinking you may have been logging in with a user that did have vCOps perms. Can you check?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I'm running vCOps 5.7.2 with vC 5.5 without any problems, mind you I'm using the traditional 5.5 install and not the appliance.

Take a look at your privileges.. log in to vCenter Web Client using a domain account that you're certain has the vCOps privileges of:

Global : vCenter Operations Manager User

Global : vCenter Operations Manager Admin

I'm thinking you may have been logging in with a user that did have vCOps perms. Can you check?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks a bunch Mark that got me in the right area. Turns out the registration and collector account has proper privs via the Administrator role. However the cloned role I created for our VI admins did not have either vcops privs. I added vcops user to that role and badda bing the vcops data shows up!

0 Kudos
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Jeesh I've moved on to 5.81 working against a new vcenter appliance... I was having similar issues and Vmware support was useless. The Global vcops attributes are of course added to vcenter after you register vcops with vcenter. vsupport did not look to enable these privs. Thus why any admin level roles created prior to vcops do not have those rights.

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

sometimes, communities are the right place to look at Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
vmrulz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It is always the first place I look before opening a case. VMware support is too overwhelmed with cases it seems. Maybe you have some insight since you're a vmware employee?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

couldn't really comment on that, even if I knew...

0 Kudos