VMware Cloud Community
praveen2sas
Contributor
Contributor

vROPs URL response time

Hi Friends, 

Could you please let me know if there are any articles available on how to fine-tune or Improve the response time of vROPs Admin and Product URls?

I observed a very long delay in response time of both vROPs urls which is configured using https monitoring through SolarWinds ( 500ms as warning and 1000ms critical threshold)

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

There's really not. Instead of trying to do that, you should look at the performance characteristics of the VM(s) it/themselves and determine if they are having performance problems. One of the key things to look at is storage latency. You may also have your appliance undersized. Have you checked these types of things?

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

I do remember reading somewhere but cant remember where or find it again that if you have more than 4 admin users logging in to a single node at the same time will start to cause slow response times from the UI and the workarounds were to limit the number of ppl that log in with the local admin and  to have more than one node and load balance the UI's

This may have been fixed as it was a year or more ago i read it.

0 Kudos
praveen2sas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , Thanks for your prompt response... I didn't notice any performance issues with the vROps appliances however I will again have a look .
0 Kudos
praveen2sas
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, I have 3 appliances (vROps 6.4) one master, one data node and one Remote collector. Adding a new node is in our plan.

0 Kudos