VMware Cloud Community
admin
Immortal
Immortal

vR Ops 6.2a Update (Build 3528905)

An update to the vROps 6.2 -  6.2.0a was released:

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/get-download?downloadGroup=VROPS-620

See VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.2a Release Notes

This 6.2a update (Build 3528905) is recommended also if you already upgraded to 6.2 (Build 3445569). The download files are replaced by the new build.

This previous  build may have produced higher then expected values in some metrics.

If you plan to run capacity planing reports in the next days, you may consider to reduce the time range to exclude the potentially impacted data collected by 6.2 release. The default time range is 30 days, so any reports later than 30 days after 6.2a upgrade should be correct again. The time range can be reduced to the minimum of 1 day.

The process is described in VMware KB: Workaround for Higher than Expected Values for Capacity Metrics and Badge Scores in vReal...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
erikjohnsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which file do you use to go from 6.2 to 6.2.a?

I tried vRealize_Operations_Manager-VA-6.2.0.3528954.pak, but it's been "installing PAK" for at least 16 hours..

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

That is the file I used to go from 6.2 to 6.2a. I have a 4 node cluster and it only took about 1.5 hours to update. That included taking the cluster offline, updating it and brining it back on line again. 16 Hours seems to long to me

0 Kudos
erikjohnsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah it's just stuck at "installing PAK". All nodes are "offline".

0 Kudos
kwhornlcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just wondering if your upgrade ever finished? Over four hours into a two node cluster upgrade from 6.1 and wondering if I should wait or bail back to the snapshots.

0 Kudos