VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vCOPS 5.6 and MS System Center

Hello
I am looking for some documentation on how to setup vCops so that it interacts with Microsoft SCOM and use it in custom UI.
Does anybody knows a good link ?

Thank you

Matrix

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I depends on the use case. but I often make dashboards for the sys admins that contain key data they want. Sometimes that means a super metric sometimes its creating tiers (like Domain Controllers) for applications. Using data from other sources really helps understand health of a device. I have a dashboard that shows cpu util from multiple sources for the sys admins... they can see each hot spot as it occurs in an easy to use visual display.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Matrix, the adapter and the pdf should be all you need. I have scom 07 in my 56 vapp. no issues. Just know the port, db, and database source - i chose datawarehouse and its good. If you want to see each processor there is a scom mgmt pack that should be applied.

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you, there are no documents that describe how to create dashboards using the information system center? Aside from installing and configuring what can I do with this adapter?

Matrix

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I depends on the use case. but I often make dashboards for the sys admins that contain key data they want. Sometimes that means a super metric sometimes its creating tiers (like Domain Controllers) for applications. Using data from other sources really helps understand health of a device. I have a dashboard that shows cpu util from multiple sources for the sys admins... they can see each hot spot as it occurs in an easy to use visual display.

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you. Is there a document that describes this integration?

Matrix

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Matrix, the scom pdf is avail when you download the adapter from the ftp site. That helps you understand the adapter requirements... kinda like the ones I mentioned previously. We did try database, but that didnt seem to make sense since the datawarehouse has the data over long term.

The dashboards should follow along with the base vcops pdf on dashboard building. Get creative and get your admin teams input.

0 Kudos