VMware Cloud Community
upendra_rout
Contributor
Contributor

in vROPS 6.0.1 Super metric is applicable to all Objects

Hi ,

I have created a super metrics in vROPS 6.0 -> Below Selected Object types as Container - Environment 

Created a new local policies in vROPS 6.0  -> Enabled the Super metric in policy .

But now i can see , all the objects which are available in vROPS is added to super metric .

How can i defined the super metric to be applicable to selected objects :- eg, Vcenter, Virtual Machine , Cluster etc.

Error attachment has been added to the file ....

Thanks & Regard's

Upendra

5 Replies
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

You can specify a particular object type and assign supermetric to that object type only.

At the bottom of the page where you are creating a Supermetric you can see Object Types tab. First select a supermetric, then navigete to Object Types tab, click + button, choose object type that you want apply the supermetirc (you can choose more than one object types). Go to Policy page, you can see row to apply the SM to all Attribute types, and row to apply the same SM to object type that you have choosen in Object type section, so enable SM in that row and SM should collect data only for objects that belong to choosen object type.

upendra_rout
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Aaghabekyan,

Thanks for the below info .

Yes . I have done the same ... I have added all my super metric to the Object types -> Container -> Environment  -  & enabled in policies also

I am able to collect data for the super metric .

But Y i am able to view the super metric is added to all Objects ... If i have selected a object types as container-environment

When i am viewing in All Metrics it shows me the super metric is added to these objects :- (vRealize Operation Manager Collector /  Node / Analytics / Cluster )

Thanks & Regard's

Upendra

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

upendra_rout:

But Y i am able to view the super metric is added to all Objects ... If i have selected a object types as container-environment

aaghabekyan:

It is expected behaviour, if you selected an object type and enabled a SM only for that object type in policy, it means that SM will apply only for selected object type, but all other SMs that enabled for all object types will apply to the selected Object type as well.

upendra_rout:

When i am viewing in All Metrics it shows me the super metric is added to these objects :- (vRealize Operation Manager Collector /  Node / Analytics / Cluster )

aaghabekyan:

If you have enabled SM to Object types -> Container -> Environment, it should be applied to objects that have Adapter type "Container" and object Type "Environment", please double check and let me know if something is going wrong.

0 Kudos
upendra_rout
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Aaghabekyan,

Thanks for the info ... I have checked all the Super metric which i configured is applied with the Adapter Type -> Container & Name Type :- Environment .

Please find the attached snap i have added now .

Thanks & Regard's

Upendra R

0 Kudos
aaghabekyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos