VMware Cloud Community
hax66
Contributor
Contributor

change attribute package for existing resource kind datastore

Hi,

is there a easy way to change the attribute package for all existing resource kinds datastore at one time?

Editing each resource kind for 14 pages is not very fast....

select one page and editing doesnt work (entries showing "please select and for some nothing can be selected).

Thx in advance,

Ray

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can view 500 resource at a time in the custom UI for this.. this is a use case for the select all button.. no one expect you to click each resource individually.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
hax66
Contributor
Contributor

but how can I edit them?

UI -->environment overview-->datastore -->filter-->select some datastores

I select 20 datastores and push edit, but the values in the resource management are "please select".

0 Kudos
TammieD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There should be check boxes on the resource management page.  When you select the check box, the options appear.  I think this only works if all the resources selected are of the same type.  Don't forget to change the default for the resource kind, if you want new objects to use this attribute package.

pic.jpg

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The resources can differ in RK. SM package is actually the only thing you CAN change between resources of differing RKs and AKs.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos