VMware Cloud Community
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View vSS or vDS info

Hi,

Maybe I'm missing something obvious - but can I create a view that shows me all the hosts and say the vMotion portgroup, NIC's, and NIC policy (as in active and standby)?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

In short no not that i am aware of. It is one of the things that i hate about vrops. All the object relationships seem to be there under the hood but vmware dont seem to expose everywhere. An example is a list of VMs and the datastore name it is on. You cant create a view because the datastore is not a data point under the Virtual Machine subject but if you look at the capacity remaining tab for the VM it shows the datastore. this is just one of many 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

In short no not that i am aware of. It is one of the things that i hate about vrops. All the object relationships seem to be there under the hood but vmware dont seem to expose everywhere. An example is a list of VMs and the datastore name it is on. You cant create a view because the datastore is not a data point under the Virtual Machine subject but if you look at the capacity remaining tab for the VM it shows the datastore. this is just one of many 

0 Kudos
cgrvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for coming back to me. Its quite frustrating when you see simple things like this not available, I've come across a bunch of them no.

0 Kudos