VMware Cloud Community
PramodModi
Contributor
Contributor

VROPS 6.2 : No Solution available on Administration page on new installation of VROPS 6.2

I have installed vrops6.2 successfully on vCenter . Then did the settings (Creation of username and password, license key etc...) on admin web.

To configure adapter, visited ui web page of vrops https://<hostname>/ui

Navigated to "Solution" page (Administration>solution) to configure adapter.

I am not getting any existing solution (VWMWare vSphere) to configure the adapter. (Attached scree shot)

Can any one please assist here, how to configure adapter to collect data (alerts) from vCenter.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ganeshgv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

After an upgrade, the vSphere Web client might not display Health, Risk, and Efficiency badges for a machine that vRealize Operations Manager is monitoring. If that happens, use the Solutions page in vRealize Operations Manager to re-register vRealize Operations Manager with your vCenter Server:

Please find the steps:

1. In vRealize Operations Manager, click Administration and click Solutions.
  2. In the top pane, click the VMware vSphere solution, and click Configure.
  3. To re-register, in the top pane, click your vCenter Adapter. The instance name appears highlighted in the lower pane, and displays the adapter settings.
  4. Click Manage Registrations, enter the vCenter username and password, and click Register.

Regards,

Ganesh GV

0 Kudos
PramodModi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ganesh for your reply.

The main problem is that, I am not getting VMware vSphere solution, as you mentioned in step2.

No solution available at Administration>Solutions page.

0 Kudos
PramodModi
Contributor
Contributor

Some more information, might be helpful to get the cause.

At the first time when I installed it on vCenter, I got the solutions (At Administration>Solutions page), after configuring adapter, data was coming, it worked fine.

Because of some reason, I deleted it from vCenter. On next installation onward I am not getting solutions on Administrator>Solutions page.

Also, on first time login on the UI, I am not getting page having two options (new environment and import environment).

I am using the same static IP, what I used for first time installation of VROPS.

0 Kudos