VMware Cloud Community
jorgus
Contributor
Contributor

VM Global Settings in vcops 5.6

Hi,

I somewhat customized my vcops 5.6 enterprise installation using the vSphere UI and I'm now struggling to make sense of the custom UI, which seems far more formiddable and cryptic to me. In the Administration Guide for the custom UI (vcops-56-custom-ui-admin-guide.pdf) on page 109 there is a section titled "Modify Global Settings for Virtual Environments". They tell you to select "Admin > VM Global Settings". But in the Admin menu I can only see "Global settings" with barely a few options. Where is this "Admin > VM Global Settings" then? I tried to dig Google for that to no avail.

I attached a screenshot with my crippled Admin menu.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Salvo09
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

also in my Vcops 5.6 there isn't "VM Global Settings" but "GLOBAL SETTINGS" only.

May be that the documentation is wrong or outdated.

bye

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The VM Global Settings in no longer available in the vApp for the-Custom UI. It is now only available in the Standalone edition.

Most likely the docs need an update.

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

my 56 vapp has admin tab which is where you can create uses, support items, run audit reports and of course global settings. Maybe a license issue, but the custom ui should be fully featured if lic key allows.

I use my custom side much more than my vsphere side, since we have many data sources and they all need special displays for the key teams. Start with a heat map showing simepl stuff like cpu, memory, disk and network. They have your users comment back and work from there. Make applications and then put them into health trees and setup interactions so that clicking on one item in health tree drives behavior in metric graph window, or alert window in same dashboard.

0 Kudos
jorgus
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, the docs badly need an update then. It has not been changed in 5.7 docs that have just came out.

0 Kudos