VMware Cloud Community
RichardBrown
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCOPS 5.7

After recovering our analytic's server from running out of space VCOPs is backup up however the option of reports tab is now missing..

If i login to the web option for vCOPS and go into Configuration i have the default policy available under which there are a number of features missing such as planning and reports.

Can someone please help advise how to get VCOPs back to its old condition.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Have you checked to ensure the license is still getting applied to vC Ops? It sounds like you lost some of your CapIQ visibility, which runs on the UI VM and is included in Standard and higher licensing. If the license got pulled off, that would be why it reverted to a "foundation" edition state.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Have you checked to ensure the license is still getting applied to vC Ops? It sounds like you lost some of your CapIQ visibility, which runs on the UI VM and is included in Standard and higher licensing. If the license got pulled off, that would be why it reverted to a "foundation" edition state.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
RichardBrown
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks mark,

Turns out that the existing account was no longer being grated access. We have a service account which is added at the root level of vSphere and checked to propagate however what seemed to work before now only works when the perms are changed to admin. If I have the account as read only and test connection it fails due to rights and if i change the perms to admin and test it works fine, any ideas.

0 Kudos