VMware Cloud Community
petejones1974
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to edit view in Vrops 6.4

Hi

I'm trying to edit a view in vrops 6.4 (have tried chrome and edge) and get same issue.

When I highlight the view and click edit, the screen freezes. Sometimes the box is displayed, but with now data in it.

I'm running windows 10. My previous laptop running window 7 worked fine.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Post a screenshot of the view you're trying to edit along with browser version numbers, please.

0 Kudos
petejones1974
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Issue fixed now. Installed firefox version 49 and can access the page

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
forcerk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do have the same issue that I can't edit views. Most of the time I do click the pencil button to edit  the view I do get a grey browser windows and nothing is happening anymore.

I can click the "esc" button to get back to the list but then the web client is bugged that it doesn't load any other pages anymore, the flyout menues are not working anymore and other stuff like this.

Then I've tested to create a new view and there I can see the "popup windows" to edit the new view. This window is working until I try to add some metrics to it. There it start to bug that I can't change the window size and buttons aren't working anymore.

I've tested this with Chrome, Firefox, IE and Edge on several systems. Restarted the appliance and even did an update to the latest version. Nothing helped so far.

vROps is running at version 6.6.1.6163041 right now.

0 Kudos
AhhhOK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am also having problem creating and editing views in vRops 6.6.1.  When creating a new view I get no Data tree on the left to choose metrics from.  When editing an existing view owned by Admin, logged in as Admin, I can choose a view but when I click edit the page never loads. The page freezes until I F5 Refresh the browser.  Not sure if this is some web policy my company has in place but I am having the same experience as the others in this post.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

clearing your browser cache normally fixes a lot of these types of problems. Also firefox seems to work the best

0 Kudos
AhhhOK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As an update it did work on windows 7 but again not sure if there is some corporate policy applied to win 10 that is creating this issue.

0 Kudos