VMware Cloud Community
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

UNABLE TO LOAD METRICS FROM "RESOURCES" WIDGET

hi all, i have this problem from....RESOURCE WIDGET --> edit --> Additional Column...add/remove --> on the left side ---> "Virtual Machine" ---> and after a lot of time, the result is "Request has timed out" Smiley Sad  .............see the attach!

I've already tried with IE, FireFox and Chrome!! but nothing! :smileycry:

help please!! :smileyplus::smileyshocked:Resource_widget.JPG

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are you running version 5.8.3?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

hi thans for reply...no, running version 5.7.2

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Known issue.. was around since 5.8 and probably even before. It was fixed in 5.8.3 last I heard, as larger environment encountered it when the metric picker timed out while fetching attributes from the analytics vm.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

ok, i try to update at version 5.8.3 from .pak....

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

noo!! Smiley Sad i'm sorry to inform that the upgrade at version 5.8.3 not resolve the problem!!!

any other suggestion??!!!

thx

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

How many VMs are in your environment,  how many resources are you collecting (from audit report),  and what web browser are you using?

0 Kudos
vsphere5admin
Contributor
Contributor

hi !

-about 5000 vms

-about 6000 resources

-IE 9 , Firefox 32, Chrome 37

what you suggest?

thx

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm familiar with the issue, and it seems that 583 didn't fully address it for all scenarios (it did for some). Give GSS a call and they'll take a look!

0 Kudos