VMware Cloud Community
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Trend view for group of VMs showing individual trend lines

I am aware of KB 2123145 in which it states it is not possible to run a trend view report on custom groups, however I'm trying to find another way that it might be possible to show a 30 day trend line of a given metric on virtual machines without specifying every VM manually. For example, say I have organized VMs into vSphere folders based on a certain grouping. I want to be able to run a report against that folder and have it show a certain metric and the trend line, but for every child object (VM) of that folder. I'm not looking to summarize an entire group with a trend line, since that would the job of a super metric. No matter what I try, I cannot come up with a way of getting this information from a group without picking and choosing VMs manually to show their trend line.

Has anyone come up with a way around this? I would think this is a fairly common thing to want, yet there doesn't appear to be a readily available and easy way to accomplish this task.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JZizzamia
Contributor
Contributor

I have been looking for the same solution, the idea would be to show a trend chart that displays a group of VMs by CPU usage % over a month. I would also like to include other trend graphs for memory, network, and storage, but once again, the goal is to provide one chart with individual trend lines per VM.

Any updates on this? vROPs 6.2

0 Kudos