VMware Cloud Community
david_loup
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Some Planning View don't show any data. "no data to display"

Hello,

Since I've changed the Policy for Oversized VM, some planning doesn't seem to work.

For exemple, I have 6 powered-off VM, but in planning - views - Powered-Off Virtual Machine, I have nothing but a little text at the bottom : "no data to display"

Vcops_issue.JPG

As you can see on left of the screenshot, I have some power-off VM, and I assume that Vcops know it since he show the "powered-off VM" logo, but still, in the planning - view, he doesn't list these VM.

I don't know if it's because I change the Policy for oversized VM, but I put it back to default and the problem is still there.

Thank you in advance for your help.

(And sorry if my English is approximative)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
david_loup
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, I may have not explained my issue very clearly :

The powered off view listed me some VM before I touched a parameter in the default Policy, but then : no more VM listed in that view. Even after I changed back this parameter to normal, the VM didn't showed p in the power-off view.

But still, the problem is "solved", it work now, I just had to wait. I think Vcops recalculat every thing when you change something in the Policy and it took more time than I though.

Anyway, thank you mark.j

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

The powered off criteria is a % of time the VM is powered off relative to the time period you're viewing. By default the period range is 30-days. So if your powered off VM criteria is >90% of time, that'd mean a VM would have had to be powered off at minimum 3 days out of the month to be considered "powered off" in that view. Simply powering off a VM that's been running all month wouldn't put it on the "powered off vm" list right away.

If you look at your configuration policy that's applied to thee resources, you'll see where this is specified and what you're is currently set as.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
david_loup
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry, I may have not explained my issue very clearly :

The powered off view listed me some VM before I touched a parameter in the default Policy, but then : no more VM listed in that view. Even after I changed back this parameter to normal, the VM didn't showed p in the power-off view.

But still, the problem is "solved", it work now, I just had to wait. I think Vcops recalculat every thing when you change something in the Policy and it took more time than I though.

Anyway, thank you mark.j

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yep, those recalcs happen once a day.

0 Kudos