VMware Cloud Community
mus6
Contributor
Contributor

Retention policy and disaster recovery policy for Alerts in vROps

I'm trying to understand how long vROps keeps resolved/unresolved alerts. Also, what is the disaster recovery policy for Alerts/Events/Audits in vROps

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@mus6,

With regards to your first question seems your query is around managing fault alerts in vROPS, Once you've cleared the alarm on the source, the alert should become inactive in vROPS within a few collection cycles. Refer - Managing fault alerts in vRealize Operations Manager (74781) (vmware.com)

Please share specific use case or scenario around 2nd question on DR policy alerts etc.

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen
0 Kudos
ramajay12345
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Please refer to the below vmware docs, I hope this helps you. Thank you.
https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations/8.6/com.vmware.vcom.core.doc/GUID-EBBDCA51-F007-4088-...

Jayendra

Note: I have recently started my blogs please review and give your feedback so that I can improve
Link:  https://www.vrealizeworld.net/

Jayendra
0 Kudos
mus6
Contributor
Contributor

It's not clear what exactly is a fault alarm. How do I know which alarm in vCenter is a fault alarm and which alarm isn't? Where can I check this on the UI?

0 Kudos
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well, Alarms have the following severity levels:

• Normal – green
  • Warning – yellow
  • Alert – red

So, if an alarm is Green it can be considered informational and no action needed. For a alarm in Yellow, its a warning and might need some attention followed by action. Whereas for the alarms in Red, they need immediate attention & action depending on the situation.

You could look for alarms either at vCenter level, Cluster or ESXi Host level.

For vCenter level: Choose your vCenter > Monitor > Issues and Alarms > Triggered Alarms
For Cluster level: Choose your Cluster > Monitor > Issues and Alarms > Triggered Alarms
For ESXi Host level: Choose your Host > Monitor > Issues and Alarms > Triggered Alarms

Reference - Monitoring Events, Alarms, and Automated Actions (vmware.com)

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen
0 Kudos