VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Reporing on VMs by performance characteristics

is it possible to use vCOPs to list all VMs in a datacenter, and then a performance characteristic for those VMs such as average IOPs, and then sort the report by listing the VMs in the order of the highest IOps demand to the lowest?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can use the resource widget to show a columns with a metric such as CMD/S, however in the resource widget those addition columns don't permit sorting asc/desc. The lack of sorting for those additions resource columns is a little bit annoying, but you can accomplish what your seeking with the TopN analysis if you want an analysis of high/low utilization levels.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

OK thanks.  What I need to do is list every VM, sory by IOPs, then export the results so I can form my own categories based on IOps utilization.  It looks like neither the resource widget nor the TopN analysis allows for exporting data.  None of the reports in the Advanced UI allow me to report in such a way either, so it looks like I can't use vCOps to do this unless there is something haven't thought of.  If I could simply list all VMs one by one and the average IOps for each one somewhere and download to csv, then I could sort it in Excel.  Is that possible?

0 Kudos