VMware Cloud Community
Josh6513
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Removed vApp from Inventory

We're running v5.0.1 and I removed the vApp from inventory, not knowing I would lose the vApp configuration (thought it would just remove the VMs within and leave the vApp "shell").  Are the vApp settings and configuration stored on the datastore somewhere to re-import?  If they are, what file type am I looking for?  I'm more concerned about finding remnants of it and deleting it because we plan to roll out a fresh copy of Operations Manager anyway.  I looked through a directory listing of our datastores and couldn't find anything that looked like what I was searching for.

Thanks,

Josh

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

- from the perspective of your VC, the vApp settings are lost Smiley Happy

- from the perspective of VCOps, they are preserved - this was an  improvement we made in 5.0.1 - your vcops should continue to run  properly even though the vapp itself is destroyed. Settings are stored  internally on the VMs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

- from the perspective of your VC, the vApp settings are lost Smiley Happy

- from the perspective of VCOps, they are preserved - this was an  improvement we made in 5.0.1 - your vcops should continue to run  properly even though the vapp itself is destroyed. Settings are stored  internally on the VMs

0 Kudos