VMware Cloud Community
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remove an adapter

Hi all,

is there a way to delete an adapter into vCOPS  5.6? I would like to reinstall the MSCOM Adapter.

Thx

Matrix

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Matrix, I usually turn the adapter off first. Then remove the objects either with the UI, by highlighting and deleting objects, or you can use a postgres cleanup command to remove all SCOM adapter data from the db. Helps avoid hangover if the data objects will be the same, so the DB doesnt get confused by same name with different adapter and then show the obejct name twice...one active with new adapter and one not active since parent resource removed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What do you mean by adapter??

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
jddias
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In the custom UI under Environment > Configuration > Adapter Instances you should be able to remove an adapter instance there.

Visit my blog for vCloud Management tips and tricks - http://www.storagegumbo.com
0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Matrix, I usually turn the adapter off first. Then remove the objects either with the UI, by highlighting and deleting objects, or you can use a postgres cleanup command to remove all SCOM adapter data from the db. Helps avoid hangover if the data objects will be the same, so the DB doesnt get confused by same name with different adapter and then show the obejct name twice...one active with new adapter and one not active since parent resource removed.

0 Kudos
Matrix_1970
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you! I will follow your suggest!

Matrix

0 Kudos
ServiceOptimi
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Matrix, if you want to use the postgres data removal command, I would offer that it is best to open a support ticket and get them involved and they can provide the code for removal of data and help if needed. I have found vcops support pretty strong.

0 Kudos