VMware Cloud Community
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reference to super metric name in widgets (Heat map) pop-up window

Hi,

I've created a super metric/package and assigned it to resources and a resource kind. I gave the super metric the name "Datastore Usage %". I then created a heat map and configured size by Total Capacity and color by the super metric (Datastore Usage %).

When you hover the mouse over one of the datastores in the heat map you'll get a small pop-up that explains the metrics. Unfortunately the super metric metric name isn't provided here. Other users that access this dashboard might wonder what this metric tries to represent.

Now it gives me this: Super Metric|sm_6:(color): 78.56973. This example isn't that hard to guess buth there might be cases where it's more difficult.

Can you do anything about this?

HeatMapPopUp.jpg

Regards,

Erik Alm

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

There is no workaround for the behavior you observe. The heatmap is displaying the supermetric key, starts with sm_ and is followed by the metric ID. Reason being,  supermetric names are managed differently in separate table/fields than attribute names (keys).

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

There is no workaround for the behavior you observe. The heatmap is displaying the supermetric key, starts with sm_ and is followed by the metric ID. Reason being,  supermetric names are managed differently in separate table/fields than attribute names (keys).

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
Mauritz84
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your answer!

Then I guess that I have to explain this within the widgets label. But I think that this shouldn't be that hard to implement to a future release. I hope more people can se a benifit of getting their data displayed with a descriptive name.

Regards,

Erik Alm

0 Kudos