VMware Cloud Community
itsupportplay
Contributor
Contributor

Problems with Vcops for View Broker Agent connecting to Horizon View Adapter

Hi,

I have installed vCops for Vmware View to monitor our View 5.1 environment.

Data is being collected from vCenter ok and is being reported into vCops, but I am having problems when I am trying to connect the Broker Agent that I have installed onto one of our View Connection Servers to the View Adapter on the Analytics VM.

The initial pairing works fine when configuring the Broker Agent but after the agent is installed and I try to test the connection to the adapter it fails and the following is output to the v4v_broker_agent_cfg log file:

11/27/2013 11:40:36 INFO    Progress: FAILED (java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 172.20.20.2; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:601)

sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:198)

sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:184)

sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:110)

java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invokeRemoteMethod(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:178)

java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteObjectInvocationHandler.java:132)

$Proxy1.onBrokerPoll(Unknown Source)

com.vmware.vcops.adapters.view.net.BrokerMessageClient.onBrokerPoll(BrokerMessageClient.java:97))

11/27/2013 11:40:36 INFO    Progress: Could not contact the Horizon View Adapter

The IP of 172.20.20.2 is not one that I have configured and from searching online I have found that IP is one that is hardcoded into the configuration of the vCops vApp for internal communications.

If anyone could help out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
3 Replies
itsupportplay
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone got any ideas on this please?

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

you are right about the IP - this one is used for the tunnel between both VMs. Seems like some networking mishap you're having.
Have you checked whether your external network IP range is not of the 172.20.20.x flavour, so that it clashes with the tunnel IPs?

I am not very familiar with the view adapter , but still - you are getting this error from the logfile

-on the analytics VM

or

- the view server

0 Kudos
twhiffen
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From the View Broker Agent configuration utility, go ahead and click Apply and then Close.  You may get more error messages but this should ensure the adapter address has been save.  Then reopen the config utility and try the adapter test again.

If you still have problems please verify that the correct adapter IP address is in this registry entry, HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\vCenter Operations for View\Broker Agent\MessageServerURL.

If the IP address looks correct and the test still fails then it may be a network config issue as previously suggested.

0 Kudos