VMware Cloud Community
lgalford1
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with VMFS volume connectivity

Hi,

I have this report on the vcops, i have check the disk drives on the server and everything is ok. I rebooted the server and Have the same issue the volumen that is reporting the issue is an internal volumen, so I don't know what can be the problem on this issue. If some one may share some light on this I would be really happy.

thanks

Luis Alford

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Can you elaborate further where you are seeing this issue: vApp console, UI, logs?

Also which version of VCOps you are using?

Thanks,

Alex D.

0 Kudos
lgalford1
Contributor
Contributor

hi,

The VCOPS is the version 5 in the vapp console ,  I see a server in red when i try to see whats wrong I see the error message. but If i look for the error on the esx console or in the server and it is ok

thanks

Luis

0 Kudos
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you post the error message here? or a screenshot?

is it in the FAULTs  section (that's the hourglass-like badge).

thanks!

0 Kudos
lgalford1
Contributor
Contributor

hello

attach it is the screen shoot with the error. thanks for your help

rgds

Luis

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Most probably there was an interminent connectivity problem with your storage. You can go to Alerts tab, find the corresponding alert and cancel it. This should bring your Fauts badge back to a normal state.

0 Kudos
vmwaremeister2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

We're having this same problem, with four hosts (out of 20) showing the same thing. In this case, the datastore being referenced is the same in all four hosts, but is also connected to 13 of the other hosts without any problems showing for them in vcops. There are no alarms for any of the hosts showing in the vsphere client. Rebooting an affected host did not clear it.

I'll let you know if I come across anything else.

0 Kudos
Alexander_Dimi1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This Fault in VCOps is triggered based on vCenter event, not alarm. What I am suggesting is that if you are sure that the underlying issue is resolved or not an issue go to Alerts tab in VCOps and cancel the corresponding Fault alert. This should bring your Faults badge back to normal values.

Check this thread also: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/413082

0 Kudos
vmwaremeister2
Contributor
Contributor

I get what you mean now. There were several failures that VCOPS had listed, which had long since been resolved. I've cleared them now from VCOPS and it's all looking good.

Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos