VMware Cloud Community
greco827
Expert
Expert

Possible Bug Find - vROps 6.x - When Active Policies exceed 20, drag and drop priority reorder operation fails

I may have stumbled upon a possible bug that I have not seen mentioned anywhere.  When the active policy count in vROps 6.x exceeds 20, forcing the list to a 2nd page, reordering of the policies fails with "DB active policy count doesn't match input policy id count".

I tested this multiple times, and dissociated policies from groups to reduce from 22 active policies to 20 and reorder functionality works.  This was performed several times and the error is repeatable.

vROps_Bug_ActivePolcies.jpg

Workaround:

1) Disassociate policies from groups/objects which you want to be at the bottom of the priority order and save.  Example:  Policy with priority order of 18 needs to be 21.

- If you need to move a policy up, it is recommended that you reduce the active policy count to <=20 to regain drag and drop reorder capabilities.

2) Associate policies with groups/objects in the order in which you want them prioritized.  They will always be placed at the bottom of the list, above Default Policy.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful https://communities.vmware.com/people/greco827/blog
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Wayne1j
Contributor
Contributor

Great news, this bug feature was included in every version up to and including release 6.21

I will be opening a ticket here shortly.

0 Kudos