VMware Cloud Community
kiruka4
Contributor
Contributor

Polling interval VCOPS

Hi.Who knows how change polling interval in VCOPS ? By default it is equal to 5 min. Thanks.

8 Replies
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You adjust this via the Custom UI. You can adjust it per-Resource, per adapter instances, or per-attribute package if you want to get complicated. Usually, you'll just adjust the adapter instance. Right click on the adapter instance resource, choose to edit the resource, and change the interval.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
kiruka4
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answer. I changed interval from 5 to 1 minute. Now VCOPS collects data every minute. But outputs data every five minutes. And I don't see peaks. For example, I set CPU use for 100% at 10:02:30,and start watching for VCOPS Metric Graph. And it showed 100% only in 10:09:58. After 7 minutes. It turns out that the machine is already loaded with 7 minutes, and I saw this just now.

Do you know how  change the output interval? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Andrade_Michel7
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark,

Do you know how change polling interval in VCOPS via CLI?

I hope you can help me , greetings

thanks

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In VCOPS (aka 5.x), no, you would not be able to do this. In vROps (6..x+), you may be able to tweak thing using the REST API, specificall the resource's "ops:monitoringInterval". I haven't done this yet to-date.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Andrade_Michel7
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thanks for your time

But if i need to change that parameter,

and i have vcops standard edition,

how i can make that change if i do not have access to custom interface?

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The way you can do it in v5.x (VCOPS) would be in the Custom UI. Otherwise you'd have to manually edit the Postgres database, which I don't recommend nor would we support.

ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would suggest leaving the polling time at 5mins unless you really do want to see collection at a much quicker time. However, if you have a large environment, I have seen that it could affect performance. vROps helps with tracking data, analytics and less of real-time monitoring.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
Andrade_Michel7
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!!

Kind Regards

0 Kudos